Re: Technical Forum for Professionals

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 3:43:25 PM UTC-4, John R. Sowden wrote:
> Is there a forum for alarm professionals (password protected with=20
> license verification) where we could discuss equipment and issues?
>=20
> if not, why not?
>=20
> John

Only ones I know of are DIY groups.

Don't know why but likely no one wants to take the time to administrate suc=
h a group. I know that as much as I would like to see such a group I would =
not volunteer to run it.=20

This used to be a pretty good group years ago but it was ruined by a nasty =
SOB who righly, justly and finally died  .......  but not before he finally=
 caused this forum to disintegrate. There used to be a whole bunch of pro's=
 who would frequent here ..... there are a few left but they're mostly all =
gone now and it's been at least a couple of years. I think it's also due to=
 the fact that the "social network" has superseded newsgroups. No one think=
s to come to a .alt group nowdays.