Re: Rob Blaire

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 11:16:42 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Jim" <> wrote in message=20
> > On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 12:03:52 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> >> "Jim" <> wrote in message

> >> No, not at all.  SNERK!
> >>
> >> January 1st I will be thrilled though.  You know I only had a plan to =
be=20
> >> in
> >> the business for five years when I started...
> >
> > I presume that you'll be doing something else though.
> >
> > If you sit for too long you get fat, grow roots and your brain turns in=
to=20
> > a turnip.
>=20
> I've been doing something else for a while.  CNC machining custom molds a=
nd=20
> other stuff.  I think its been 8-10 years since I started tinkering with =
it=20
> in my spare time.  At the moment I have two CNC mills producing work on a=
=20
> daily basis, and I am supposed to have two more on Friday, God willing an=
d=20
> the creeks don't rise.  I just got a new 14x40 manual lathe last week.  I=
=20
> also have three hybrid CNC machines I am building, and a CNC router that=
=20
> helps out from time to time.
>=20
> CNC Molds N Stuff: www.cncmolds.com
>=20
> Everyday I learn something new.  I enjoy it like I used to enjoy being a=
=20
> technician.  The big differences are all my jobs are prepaid and my custo=
mer=20
> base is literally world wide.  From Austraila to Europe to North America =
to=20
> South America and even South Africa.  Almost every job is custom so its=
=20
> challenging, and my customers don't mind (except for some understandable=
=20
> impatience) that I have a back log of work and theirs will get done when =
its=20
> their turn.  I won't get rich doing it, but its bringing in enough to pay=
=20
> its own bills.  I've even taken a paycheck from time to time.   Not just =
a=20
> draw, but an actual paycheck.  LOL.
>=20
> The thing is my contracting customers are starting to realize how valuabl=
e I=20
> was.  Some have literally begged me not to quit contracting.  I feel for=
=20
> them, but they will have to find somebody else.  I'm still getting job=20
> requests that are hard to turn down too.  If they insist I price it stupi=
d=20
> high.  I am still getting them.

I'm kinda in that mode now too. (Price it stupid)

The job list is two pages long and I do the ones that I like to do and make=
 the most money with the least amount of work. CCTV seems to be the latest =
thing. They're real easy to install now, along with DVR setup. No RMR but .=
.... the income is pretty good. As always, I'm so diversified  (Alarms, Aud=
io, Video, TV's Surround sound. whole house audio (Sonos) CCTV, Pool audio,=
 automated Lighting, residential and small commercial Ethernet wiring and W=
iFi network enhancement.)etc, etc.  I don't get bored. Every day is a new a=
dventure.