Trash

Well, in cleaning up and making room for the two new compact high speed CNC=
 machines that arrived yesterday I am doing some cleaning up.  Never had Ji=
m Rojas' inventory, but I just half filled my dumpster with old panels.  Lo=
ts of old XL2-S/G/P/T panels went in there.  Also several XL31 panels.  Tho=
se were my work horse for middle size semi custom homes for years until FBI=
I sold out to Ademco.  Even threw away a few XL4s.  Never had a failure wit=
h one of those.  There was still one running a whole school until they tore=
 the school down and rebuilt it a couple years ago.  Still have another one=
 in another school.  There was a perfectly functional SK Access 2000 with r=
eaders and cards.  Gone.  Some early Caddx NX8s.  Lots of Ademco pulls.  On=
es I could just convert.  (Most I could convert.)

Oh, and misc panels I yanked and saved just for parts...  There was a pile =
of those, and that's not counting the panel boxes I saved for project boxes=
.  Man what a pile. =20

I still haven't brought myself to start pitching the "newer" stuff. =20

I'm excited to have that space back again. =20

Now to get into my stacks of sound, phone, and network equipment. =20

I thought about selling a lot of it off, but I decided that I don't want an=
other year of providing support for it.  Especially the used stuff.  What's=
 in the dumpster is staying in the dumpster. =20

There are a few things I'll ebay off, but nothing I have to stand behind.  =
Its all Buyer Beware, but nothing that is likely to turn out to be a brick.=
 =20

I'm keeping all my camera stock, and a lot of current alarm parts.  Why hir=
e somebody to do what I can do for myself.  Most of the older cameras aren'=
t worth much retail anyway with the plummet in the price and price to specs=
 ratio in the last decade.  Nice thing for guys staying int he business is =
if they stay up on it they can still make money.  Just have to change brand=
s and lines every year or so to have the best price/options to work with. =
=20