Re: FBII RM Keypads

"Rocky T. Squirrel" <gafa_usa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:iYOdnZ2ksP--wQDKnZ2dnUU7-cfNnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On 7/30/2016 6:23 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> "mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Not surprising since it was ancient tech back then
>>
>> I liked the XL-4s and the XL-2(series).  The XL-31s wer a nice middle of
>> the
>> road panel, but they had a flaw with CID reporting I found out years
>> later
>> when I switched to my own lines and CID reporting to save a few bucks a
>> month.  Oddly enough some of those old XL-31s that had issues with CID on
>> POTs worked just fine on cellular.
>>
>> On the XL-31s...  I started having random flaky issues with them in
>> general
>> about 8-9 years ago.  I think there is some component in them that is
>> just
>> not managing to hold on after 10-15 (approaching 20) years in the field.
>> Never had an initial issue with any of them though.  Just on old, old
>> panels.
>>
>> Never mind that HC-41 abortion though.  It was junk out of the box.  I
>> bought three of them, installed two, and then said screw this and called
>> everybody in the industry to see who my new line was going to be, because
>> it
>> wasn't going to FBIDEMCO.
>>
>> When the sales rep overnighted me everything I asked for, and was in my
>> office two days later I went with Napco.  That was a long time ago.  When
>> the Gemini line was brand new.  The two HC-41s I installed were replaced
>> with Gemini panels, and they are both still in service today.
>>

> I been prodding the boss man to give NAPCO a try..    He's went with the
> VISTA when they stopped making the XL-series..
> {{I was an old Moose fan back from day one  but we all know what happened
> to them..}}
> VISTA seems to work,  but their panel security is a joke...  same for the
> up/down loader software..   Their power supply is a wanta bee for sure.
> It's real easy to overload that control...

I think just about everybody maxes at 500 mills.  I know the Napco will
supply its full 500 mills though.  I've only had one or two over the years I
had to add a secondary power supply to.

The best setup I saw years ago was the NX8e which had expansion modules with
their own power supply and backup battery.  I installed a couple of them in
places like schools and multiple building mfg plants.  It was pretty nice,
but when I was seriously looking at making the change they got bought up and
I decided to wait and see what happened to them.

I'm getting out now so I don't really care.