Re: FBII RM Keypads

On 7/30/2016 6:23 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> When Ademco bought FBII they promised to keep the line forever in one
>>> shape or another of course once honeywell hoareded it ove they got rid of
>>> it
>>
>> Not surprising since it was ancient tech back then
>
> I liked the XL-4s and the XL-2(series).  The XL-31s wer a nice middle of the
> road panel, but they had a flaw with CID reporting I found out years later
> when I switched to my own lines and CID reporting to save a few bucks a
> month.  Oddly enough some of those old XL-31s that had issues with CID on
> POTs worked just fine on cellular.
>
> On the XL-31s...  I started having random flaky issues with them in general
> about 8-9 years ago.  I think there is some component in them that is just
> not managing to hold on after 10-15 (approaching 20) years in the field.
> Never had an initial issue with any of them though.  Just on old, old
> panels.
>
> Never mind that HC-41 abortion though.  It was junk out of the box.  I
> bought three of them, installed two, and then said screw this and called
> everybody in the industry to see who my new line was going to be, because it
> wasn't going to FBIDEMCO.
>
> When the sales rep overnighted me everything I asked for, and was in my
> office two days later I went with Napco.  That was a long time ago.  When
> the Gemini line was brand new.  The two HC-41s I installed were replaced
> with Gemini panels, and they are both still in service today.

I been prodding the boss man to give NAPCO a try..    He's went with the
VISTA when they stopped making the XL-series..
{{I was an old Moose fan back from day one  but we all know what
happened to them..}}
VISTA seems to work,  but their panel security is a joke...  same for
the up/down loader software..   Their power supply is a wanta bee for
sure.   It's real easy to overload that control...

RTS