Re: FBII RM Keypads

"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ec00dc0f-3858-418b-9135-516b7808af26@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Saturday, July 9, 2016 at 4:47:04 PM UTC-5, NickMark wrote:
>> On Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 6:03:19 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> > Whatever happened to that guy who was a big FBII fan.  No not me.  LOL.
>> > have a few RM (recessed metal) keypads left.  6 zone and 12 zone.
>>
>> When Ademco bought FBII they promised to keep the line forever in one
>> shape or another of course once honeywell hoareded it ove they got rid of
>> it
>
> Not surprising since it was ancient tech back then

I liked the XL-4s and the XL-2(series).  The XL-31s wer a nice middle of the
road panel, but they had a flaw with CID reporting I found out years later
when I switched to my own lines and CID reporting to save a few bucks a
month.  Oddly enough some of those old XL-31s that had issues with CID on
POTs worked just fine on cellular.

On the XL-31s...  I started having random flaky issues with them in general
about 8-9 years ago.  I think there is some component in them that is just
not managing to hold on after 10-15 (approaching 20) years in the field.
Never had an initial issue with any of them though.  Just on old, old
panels.

Never mind that HC-41 abortion though.  It was junk out of the box.  I
bought three of them, installed two, and then said screw this and called
everybody in the industry to see who my new line was going to be, because it
wasn't going to FBIDEMCO.

When the sales rep overnighted me everything I asked for, and was in my
office two days later I went with Napco.  That was a long time ago.  When
the Gemini line was brand new.  The two HC-41s I installed were replaced
with Gemini panels, and they are both still in service today.