Re: DSC DLS Software

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 6:49:05 AM UTC-7, David Disney wrote:
> I have a DSC Power 1864 system that I installed six or seven years ago when I built my house.
>
> When I installed the system I used DLS 2002 to set it up and make changes.  I still have a copy of it, but it is ancient.  Is there any reputable place to get a copy of the latest version (version 5, I think)?
>
> The vendor I got the original copy from no longer has the download available and it looks like DSC won't give you access unless you're an installer.  I have an e-mail in to them, but I don't hold much hope for a positive response.
>
> Thanks

David,

I'd have to agree with Bob on this one: stick with DLS 2002.  DLS 5 will not provide you with additional features, just a different interface.  I use both DLS 2002 and DLS 5 (since DLS 5 doesn't support older panels), and still prefer DLS 2002.

With DLS 2002, all the sections are laid out in the same way as they are in the panel programming, installation manual, etc.  This makes everything very easy to find.

With DLS 5, all the sections are categorized into specific areas, rather than the order of the section number itself.  Sometimes this is helpful, and sometimes it makes you search all over the place for a rarely used bit of programming.

Better yet, program it by hand at the keypad.  It should take no more than five minutes.

- Chris