Re: Trash

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 1:20:19 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> Still not sure what to do with that stack of solar panels I had for model=
 homes that didn't have power yet.  Maybe I'll use them to put a backup lig=
hting system in the shop.  Not enough watts for much else.

I'm noticing around here that is seems that as the price of solar comes dow=
n the popularity of LED effect lighting is increasing. Pool, landscape ligh=
ts etc. I think I saw something about a system that uses capacitors to hold=
 the charge instead of batteries. So that means after you buy the items the=
re's no further cost to run it. Cool!

I can remember back in the 60's when I got to work with my first LED's. (wh=
ich I guess was a new invention along with the transistor then) It seemed l=
ike it was just a novelty at the time. Who knew? I sometimes think about th=
e fact that my first foray into technology was based on devices that ran on=
 vacuum tubes. I'd bet that less than 2 out of a 10 technical people I deal=
 with today have ever even seen a vacuum tube, much less know how they work=
.