Communication issues with Kantech Entrapass Corp Edition

Multiple issues with system randomly not responding to cards.
Messages about communication issues and controller battery power failures.
System seems to reset when I restart computer but eventually, we're right back
to the issues.
Any idea what I need to do to fix this?  Not a techi here so no clue what's
wrong or what to do.
Other messages - "Door lock device failure" , "Loop communication failure".
We had a technician out here last week who basically just shut down the system
and reset it, but the problem is back again.
We're in an industry where we cannot afford for anyone to not have access to
the building.