Re: FAI Security Guard II wireless security system

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 9:42:56 AM UTC-4, Robert Campbell wrote:
> I check in now and then just to see if the group is still alive. Clearly =
nothing much has changed in our industry - scammers and opportunists still =
abound.=20
>=20
> I run the business from the office these days with my son and his staff r=
unning the actual business. He has changed our scope of operations to inclu=
de Voip, DSL services, structured cabling, and high end home automation ser=
vices. The market is changing drastically and a business has to follow or d=
ie.=20
>=20
> I hope your business is thriving and you are doing well.=20
>=20
>=20
Doing all the things I like to do now. If I don't want to do it ..... I don=
't.

But I'm into so many technologies now that I've become a "one stop shop"
In new high end homes nowdays they want all the gadgets and I do them all. =
Anything to do with Internet, CCTV, home theater, whole house audio, TV mou=
nting, automated lighting and remote control via IPhone/Ipad etc, etc etc. =
Lovin every minute of it.=20

I get a kick out of the kids of my clients. They see me come in and I can s=
ee the total disinterest in this "old guy" and what their parents may want.=
 That is until I start talking their language about the hookup of their com=
puters, the wifi networks and video games. THEN ..... I become their "best =
buddy" "Can you hook this game up?" "Can you make my TV split screen ?" I l=
ove it.=20

I don't know why I still have the grey matter to do these things that most =
others my age are clueless about and the good health to pursue it,  but ...=
. It's great fun.

Hope your doing well. It's good that your son took a liking to the business=
. I'm not so fortunate in that regard. When I go out ..... it's done. But, =
47 years and counting is a pretty good run.=20

Take care.