Re: Anyone have RPM/2 Pro software?

"Jim"  wrote in message
news:20c3f8c8-bbc7-462e-9fd5-3a54d44b235a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 7:58:40 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 9/21/2015 2:12 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> > <lee.fischman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> I need it to configure a Moose security system that's set for remote
> >> configuration only, but I've had no luck finding it.
> >
> > Wow!  Moose.  There is something I haven't touched in a while.
> >
> > Anybody remember when Westing House accelerated the price slide towards
> > zero
> > with the $149.95 Z900 installs?
> >

> Don't remember that but FWIW Dept. I will be upgrading a Z1100E on
> Thursday that has been working since about 1990. The communicator
> finally went south and won't be back.
>
> The biggest problem it was installed by an idiot who used "Station Wire"
> for everything.
>
> Remember the RED-GREEN-YELLOW_BLACK stuff??
>
> Well he used Yellow/Black for Positive/Negative on Keypads and Motions
> and Red/Black for Positive/Negative on Smokes all in the same system.
>
> By the end of the day on Thursday I am going to be ready for the nearest
> padded room.
>
> Wish me luck!!
>
> Les

>Back a decade or so ago, there were a lot of telephone trade guys getting
>into the alarm business around here. Every once in awhile I still run into
>systems with red and green being used for >positive and negative.

>Talking about old systems .... I was just working on a system with a Napco
>900 that I installed in 1987. The damn thing ain't ever gonna die!!!

Les a trick  I started using about 30 years ago  is to put a piece of
masking tape on your arm  and write the color code in use on it..

As for the station wire being used,    after twisted pair got hard to find,
station wire was the next best thing available..

Wait till you run into some old bank type wire..    All Black  no numbers
usually had 10 conductors in a jacket...   Fun stuff...

I worked for an old Bank service guy  way back in the day  and he would
rotate the loops through the different colors at each splice..
He claimed it was for added security..   LOL    had to meter each wire at
each end to be sure what and where it came from....
Got so bad on some jobs  I made resistor jumpers of different values to clip
on the ends of sensors so I could find them in the control box..
Course this was back in the days of 4 and 6 volt systems..   LOL

As for aged equipment  I still have a couple of Moose MPI-50's  in service
(out in Barns no less)
And until last year (2014)  I had an Ademco 1004 (6 volt bats no less) in
service at a hardware store....

RTS