Re: Anyone have RPM/2 Pro software?

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 7:58:40 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 9/21/2015 2:12 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> > <lee.fischman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> I need it to configure a Moose security system that's set for remote
> >> configuration only, but I've had no luck finding it.
> >
> > Wow!  Moose.  There is something I haven't touched in a while.
> >
> > Anybody remember when Westing House accelerated the price slide towards zero
> > with the $149.95 Z900 installs?
> >

> Don't remember that but FWIW Dept. I will be upgrading a Z1100E on
> Thursday that has been working since about 1990. The communicator
> finally went south and won't be back.
>
> The biggest problem it was installed by an idiot who used "Station Wire"
> for everything.
>
> Remember the RED-GREEN-YELLOW_BLACK stuff??
>
> Well he used Yellow/Black for Positive/Negative on Keypads and Motions
> and Red/Black for Positive/Negative on Smokes all in the same system.
>
> By the end of the day on Thursday I am going to be ready for the nearest
> padded room.
>
> Wish me luck!!
>
> Les

Back a decade or so ago, there were a lot of telephone trade guys getting into the alarm business around here. Every once in awhile I still run into systems with red and green being used for positive and negative.

Talking about old systems .... I was just working on a system with a Napco 900 that I installed in 1987. The damn thing ain't ever gonna die!!!