Re: Fancy Schmancy Coffee Maker

"Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:n32alq$bvr$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm not too particular about my coffee except I do like not having too
> many
> grounds in the cup.  My wife on the other hand is into all that fancy
> "stuff."  We've had a Jura coffee maker for many years.  Its been sent
> back
> to be rebuilt two or three times, and its been sitting broken on the
> counter
> top again for the last couple years.  It was quite expensive when we got
> it.
> Its the kind that grinds the beans presses them into a cake, and forces
> steam through them on a cup by cup basis.  Well it is when it works.  I've
> been bugging my wife to just throw the darn thing in the dumpster for the
> last year and a half, but she keeps making noise about fixing it again.  I
> hate throwing good money after bad, and its taking up valuable real estate
> on the kitchen counter.  I'ld get her another one if it would last.  Any
> suggestions?
>
> No the Kurig prepacked marketing and RMR generating machine is not really
> an
> option.
>
> Personally I am perfectly happy with my Mr Coffee and some Folgers, but
> I'm
> sure you've heard the cliche many times.  "Happy wife, happy life."
>

> --
> --
> Bob La Londe
> CNC Molds N Stuff
> http://www.cncmolds.com
>

> Hobbies:
> Honesty in Airguns
> http://www.allairgunners.com
>
> Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River
> http://www.yumabassman.com

I know what you mean about the cost of the Keurig K-cups, I use a K-cup
machine, but I use these reusable filters, it works well once you figure out
how much coffee to put in.
You get the advantage of a fresh brewed individual cup without the expense
of buying the individual K-cups.
http://www.amazon.com/Ekobrew-Stainless-Refillable-Keurig-Brewers/dp/B00B737P66