Question on running wires for siren and receiver

Hello Everyone,

As you've seen from my other post I just upgraded to a vista 20p. I'm
trying to make everything look neat and was thinking about how to
properly install the siren in my hallway. There is already a over sized
hole from the basement where the control cables for the furnace come up.
Would this be a good spot to fish some wire through? Running a line for
the siren vs wireless seems worth the effort since it would take up a
outlet anyway.

I was also thinking of running a extra line for whenever I get a separate
receiver as this would be a more central place in the house. Do you ever
just install the receivers in the basement with the panel? I know this
would make it lower but its still mostly line of sight through the floor
from the sensors and centrally located.

I currently have the 6160 with receiver in my master bedroom. This is
where the old lynx was and normally the sensors would work fine even on
the opposite side of the house.

For a minute I was temped to hardwire some sensors but then that would
make me want to wire everything which would be difficult without raceways
and such. I guess that I will settle for the siren and a good location
for the receiver to improve reliability.

thanks