Re: FAI Security Guard II wireless security system

By chance  did you notice the original posters  DATE!!        June 12,
2003

12 years is a long time for a reply....

RTS

wrote in message

On Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 3:13:45 AM UTC-4, Aaron Priest wrote:
> Hi
> I am seeking information from anyone who has a copy of, or knows how to
> program "Security Guard I and II" security alarm systems.
>  This system was distributed in Australia by FAI Home Security (a branch
> of
> FAI insurance). The company is now defunct and Chubb apparently now has
> the
> contract for servicing these systems.
> As well as a programming manual, I would also like to know if it is
> possible
> to purchase key fobs, and extra remote PIR's for the system.
> I am unsure if FAI had these systems made specifically for FAI, or if they
> branded a system manufactured by another company.
>

> ---
> Aaron's mail is certified Virus Free.

By way of background, every few years, this sort of company starts up, and
they are largely nothing but a means of getting your name on a long term
contract without giving you much if anything in return. Here in Canada, NPS
existed for over a decade back in the '80's, and eventually it was sold and
made the owner a fortune because of suckers who bought into it. The
equipment was largely junk, and customers were left high and dry. The latest
iteration of that sort of "scam" is Alarmforce, that continues to exists
only because people buy into advertising with little forethought to what
they are getting (or in this case NOT getting) for their money.

After 30 years in the security business, it still amazes me how people
"shop" for their security services. Scared off by the large companies with
their large ongoing costs, they rush to companies promising their salvation
from expensive pricing, but get nothing in return.

FAI was another such company. You can get DIY alarms on the internet which
would give you better service than this junk and save you the trouble of
having to search for parts.

---