Re: FAI Security Guard II wireless security system

On Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 3:13:45 AM UTC-4, Aaron Priest wrote:
> Hi
> I am seeking information from anyone who has a copy of, or knows how to
> program "Security Guard I and II" security alarm systems.
>  This system was distributed in Australia by FAI Home Security (a branch =
of
> FAI insurance). The company is now defunct and Chubb apparently now has t=
he
> contract for servicing these systems.
> As well as a programming manual, I would also like to know if it is possi=
ble
> to purchase key fobs, and extra remote PIR's for the system.
> I am unsure if FAI had these systems made specifically for FAI, or if the=
> branded a system manufactured by another company.
>=20
>=20
> ---
> Aaron's mail is certified Virus Free.

By way of background, every few years, this sort of company starts up, and =
they are largely nothing but a means of getting your name on a long term co=
ntract without giving you much if anything in return. Here in Canada, NPS e=
xisted for over a decade back in the '80's, and eventually it was sold and =
made the owner a fortune because of suckers who bought into it. The equipme=
nt was largely junk, and customers were left high and dry. The latest itera=
tion of that sort of "scam" is Alarmforce, that continues to exists only be=
cause people buy into advertising with little forethought to what they are =
getting (or in this case NOT getting) for their money.=20

After 30 years in the security business, it still amazes me how people "sho=
p" for their security services. Scared off by the large companies with thei=
r large ongoing costs, they rush to companies promising their salvation fro=
m expensive pricing, but get nothing in return.=20

FAI was another such company. You can get DIY alarms on the internet which =
would give you better service than this junk and save you the trouble of ha=
ving to search for parts.