leaving next alarm for the envisalink

Hello Everyone,

I've been mostly content with my lynx and abn from nextalarm. However
lately the abn has been even more wonky than usual. It goes offline often
and has to be manually reset by unplugging the unit.

So I finally got around to ordering a vista and envisalink module.
Shouldn't this be far more reliable? From my understanding the alarm sees
the evisalink like a hardwired keypad? This sounds much better than the
panel trying to dial out through a abn adapter. Everything should pay for
itself also without the nextalarm fee.

It surprises me that more alarms don't have all the functions of a common
ip camera but thats still cool if you can add on a module to do it. I
think there is a module for hooking up to a raspberry pi as well.

Another thing that I don't get is why so many people want cameras instead
of a alarm system? I have a small cctv setup with blue iris. It has its
uses but I'm not sure if I will keep it going once the hardware fails. A
single indoor cam to check on pets and such when I'm away is about all
that I need. Our vehicle is kept in the attached garage which can be
protected with a alarm.