best "value" IP camera?

I'm looking for the best bang-for-the-buck outdoor IP cameras.  I already
have good quality poe routers, cables, computer interface cards.

Ideal camera characteristics:

1) outdoor rated
2) day/night
3) IR (or would separate IR be better?)
4) 3+ mega pixel
5) tilt/pan (maybe digital?)
6) autofocus?
7) less than $1000 per camera
8) excellent quality

Also, there are significant numbers of surveillance software available --
both free and paid commercial.  What's the best available for Linux?

What the best way to control pan/tilt -- thru the keyboard or a separate
console?

So ..... where to start research?  Sure would appreciate any pointers or
recommendations.....