Re: Can you use a Vista 128fbp with old adt focus 100 pids

ddog847 Wrote:=20

>I have a client who has finally realized his old focus 100 panel is =
kaput. But
>he's very cheap, & I have to come up with the best replacement. Have =
seen on
>earlier post that the Ademco VPLEX loop has been successfully used with =
the
>focus PIDs. Is that true too anyone's recent experience? If so, what do =
I need
>to look out for when bidding?

I have heard the same thing, but never tried it (it may have been a =
thread I
asked about them you read). =20

It sure would reduce the cost to your client if you can use them, and =
save you
a lot of installation time and headaches. =20

Maybe you should bid it both ways, one price if the ADT PIDs work and =
another
if you have to go behind all the devices and swap PIDs for V-Plex mods.

Does the client have fire on the current system?  If so, you best check =
make sure you're not violating any fire codes with the Frankenstein =
you're
creating.