Re: High Flex Cables

news:c639a8d1-c66f-4993-ab61-df882a92c5e3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 12:57:46 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> Oh, yeah.  Chemical resistance would be a big plus.  Mostly oil, cutting
>> fluid, and water spray.
>
> I don't know anything about CNC machines but at the risk of being too
> obvious wouldn't you be looking for an industrial coil cord? Something
> like they used to use on overhead doors. And wouldn't CNC machine
> manufactures, suppliers, distributors and parts departments be someplace
> you could inquire? I mean even if you had to buy one at retail so you
> could see who manufactured it. Try going to CNC machine parts, on line.
> You may be able to pick up a name in descriptions of  replacement cables
> etc.

Thanks, I have looked along those lines to some degree.  It's a good
thought.  I am just trying to broaden my scope as high flex cables are not
limited to CNC machines.  Coil cord cables are not used much on CNC
machines.  Movement is linear, not random, and it flex can be unifiy with
drag chians rather than coil cords.  Coil cords have the disadvantage of
still having the same failure point as other non flex managed cables.  I do
have a coil cord on a remote pendant that is move around by hand when using
it, but that is not a machine interface cable.  It's a human interface
cable.

I dropped lines off to Belden and Houston Wire.  We shall see if they get
back to me or not.