Re: What Brand / Model DVRs ??

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 12:08:45 AM UTC-4, Jim wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 1:03:12 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> >=20
> > Some of the HIK Vision stuff looks promising.  I may buy a couple IP ca=
meras=20
> > and one of their NVRs to play with in the shop to see how  I like them.=
=20
> > Price seems to good though on some of it.  Always makes me nervous.
>=20
>=20
> Hey Bob,
>=20
> Here's the Hikvision cameras and DVR I got.
>=20
> Cameras DS-2CD2332-I  (They come in 2,4,6,&12 mm)
>=20
> NVR   DS-7608NI-E2/8P ... Eight channel NVR I got a 2-TBHD but it can tak=
e more
>=20
> I set it up with three cameras to start and the NVR manual gives you step=
 by step instructions for setup. Took maybe about an hour but it was the fi=
rst time and I was experimenting some. Probably with practice take about a =
half hour. It's still set up here and I have viewed it remotely on my IPhon=
e but not from a remote desktop. Works pretty good on the IPhone, not much =
latency.  Looking at the cameras locally through a 780P TV monitor the pict=
ure seems a little grainy but I haven't fooled around with the picture qual=
ity and FPS. etc. It's a residential job with 7 cameras (big house) so it's=
 not that critical. If you're looking for excellent picture quality I'd go =
with higher MP cameras.
>=20
> ADI is having a sale @ $119.00 ea for the cameras that ends the end of th=
is month (I think)
>=20
> These same cameras and NVR were recommended to me independently by ADI an=
d another local CCTV supplier. All the local distributors were higher than =
the CCTV supplier for the NVR at $470.00 with the 2-TBHD. Normally He'd hav=
e beat everyone on the price on the cameras except for the ADI sale price.

By the way, the NVR has built in POE