Re: troubleshooting old alarm, worked perfectly till this am....

Is that easier than disconnecting it from the control box?
first I'd like to be able to set the alarm so at least the downstairs is protected... I'll have time later today to do more trials
if I remove them from the control box will that set off the alarm?
or is that something impossible to know from what I can see in the box...
disconnect the siren while I experiment? I think I know which wire it is... maybe... ;-)

the thing is, it is near the magnet that is in the window frame... so, shouldn't that work?
then could there be something wrong with the contact? if the contact is the problem, then I could replace it?

that means pulling the contact up from the window frame? and if the problem is in the wiring below that (between contact and the control box?)