Re: Please recommend a non-monitored system

On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 10:57:08 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
> > >=20
> > > So will I, when I cash out. $46.00 on the dollar right now for 2 year=
 or more contracts.=20
> > >=20
> > > I'll guess that you'll be getting about $00.46 regardless of what peo=
ple are telling you that they're willing to pay you now. When you get to th=
e table, is when you'll discover the cost of your foolishness. There's just=
 no getting around it. Term contracts are what buyers look for in spite of =
what you have deluded yourself into thinking. Also, you'll probably not eve=
r see it personally but your son will someday have to "pay the piper".
> >=20
> > That's crap. I have a standing offer of $28 for month to month term
>  contracts.  Doesn't matter a hoot since we'll be looking to sell...oh...=
some 40 years from now.=20
>=20
> So .... you're actually calling me a liar?  and $28.00 ??????  .... and y=
ou still think that month to month contracts get just as much as term contr=
acts? You're actually pitiful if you do.=20
>=20
> And, oh yeah ... 40 years???, you'll not be around to be able to compare =
what your son "could" have got if you'd had any sense at all.=20
>=20
> All I've got to say is, as much as you're not here any more, it's been th=
at much more enjoyable not having to listen to you constantly moan about co=
ntracts and ADT ..... Jeeze   man ...... get a fucking life already.=20
>=20
> Nobody else here harps on anything since your rotten fuck friend asshole =
buddy did us all a favor by dying a nasty fitting death.... but even in you=
r short appearances here, you've still got to carry on endlessly with your =
incessant bullshit. I never make one mention pro or con about contracts nei=
ther here or any other group that I participate in. I know that some people=
 use them and some people don't but .... so be it. I don't care what they d=
o .... but if they, like you, would try to bully me or anyone else with a p=
ack of lies as you do ..... ain't gonna happen.=20
>=20
> The very fact that you endlessly have to bring the subject up shows just =
how much your that your main objective is to cause turmoil over something t=
hat's so fucking radical in the alarm trade that you think that you have to=
 constantly defend it.  There's no one here who cares what you think about =
contracts in the past or anymore. We here all KNOW what you think about the=
m and no one will ever try to convince you to think otherwise ..... that is=
 until you start with the same old horse shit you've been spewing out of yo=
ur mouth for years. Get off the soap box ..... the rest of the industry isn=
't listening and we don't want to hear it either. And especially since it's=
 now the ONLY thing you contribute to this group.=20
>=20
> I believe that's called being a troll ..... right? You wouldn't be follow=
ing in someone's dead footprints ..... would you?=20
>=20
> How proud he must be........ I'm sure he's looking UP at you admiringly.

No one here is calling anyone a liar, least of all me. By questioning my nu=
mbers, it's more like you are calling me a liar if I wanted to carry this s=
tupid discussion to it's end point. It amazes me to see someone I really th=
ought was a professional calling another a liar and acting just like those =
you oppose, simply because conditions are quite different in your area vers=
us mine. Then you go on a rant about Robert Bass who you've obsessively hat=
ed since day one and who has nothing at all to do with this discussion. We =
disagree strenuously on some things and that's ok, but you just joined the =
rest of those who insist on dragging every discussion to the bottom of the =
barrel. I only stayed on in this newsgroup on an occasional basis [VERY occ=
asional] because of the very few who do know their stuff. Clearly this news=
group is pretty much useless for professional discussions by pros in the bu=
siness. Now you've just added further reason to sign off for good. I predic=
t, it won't be long before others do as well and you can continue to talk t=
o yourself....

You're old school and there's nothing wrong with that. But times are not th=
e same as when you and I started in business.I wish you well in selling you=
r business when the time comes.

So I'll sign off for good and I hope you have a nice life (and I mean that.=
..)=20