Re: Please recommend a non-monitored system

On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 4:25:00 PM UTC-5, tourman wrote:
=20
> >=20
> > So .... you're actually calling me a liar?  and $28.00 ??????  .... and=
 you still think that month to month contracts get just as much as term con=
tracts? You're actually pitiful if you do.=20
> >=20
> > And, oh yeah ... 40 years???, you'll not be around to be able to compar=
e what your son "could" have got if you'd had any sense at all.=20
> >=20
> > All I've got to say is, as much as you're not here any more, it's been =
that much more enjoyable not having to listen to you constantly moan about =
contracts and ADT ..... Jeeze   man ...... get a fucking life already.=20
> >=20
> > Nobody else here harps on anything since your rotten fuck friend asshol=
e buddy did us all a favor by dying a nasty fitting death.... but even in y=
our short appearances here, you've still got to carry on endlessly with you=
r incessant bullshit. I never make one mention pro or con about contracts n=
either here or any other group that I participate in. I know that some peop=
le use them and some people don't but .... so be it. I don't care what they=
 do .... but if they, like you, would try to bully me or anyone else with a=
 pack of lies as you do ..... ain't gonna happen.=20
> >=20
> > The very fact that you endlessly have to bring the subject up shows jus=
t how much your that your main objective is to cause turmoil over something=
 that's so fucking radical in the alarm trade that you think that you have =
to constantly defend it.  There's no one here who cares what you think abou=
t contracts in the past or anymore. We here all KNOW what you think about t=
hem and no one will ever try to convince you to think otherwise ..... that =
is until you start with the same old horse shit you've been spewing out of =
your mouth for years. Get off the soap box ..... the rest of the industry i=
sn't listening and we don't want to hear it either. And especially since it=
's now the ONLY thing you contribute to this group.=20
> >=20
> > I believe that's called being a troll ..... right? You wouldn't be foll=
owing in someone's dead footprints ..... would you?=20
> >=20
> > How proud he must be........ I'm sure he's looking UP at you admiringly=
.

=20
> No one here is calling anyone a liar, least of all me. By questioning my =
>numbers, it's more like you are calling me a liar if I wanted to carry thi=
s >stupid discussion to it's end point. It amazes me to see someone I reall=
y >thought was a professional calling another a liar and acting just like t=
hose >you oppose, simply because conditions are quite different in your are=
a versus >mine.

I didn't say you were lying about being offered $28.00 .... I'm just amazed=
 that you actually think that it's a good number? It's peanuts.

> Then you go on a rant about Robert Bass who you've obsessively hated sinc=
e >day one and who has nothing at all to do with this discussion.

Since I'm obviously dealing with a troll I just seemed appropriate to bring=
 up the your asshole buddy whom you seem to be emulating.

> We disagree strenuously on some things and that's ok, but you just joined=
 the >rest of those who insist on dragging every discussion to the bottom o=
f the >barrel.=20

Only because you insist on dragging every discussion down the same old "no =
contracts and ADT" path. Leave that subject alone and things will be just p=
eachy. And that's EXACTLY what makes you a troll ..... by the way. You KNOW=
 what's going to happen .... yet you insist on doing it anyway.=20
Yep....that's a troll alright.=20

The only way to deal with a zealot is to squash him. Zealots have tunnel vi=
sion. There's no negotiating with a zealot. You're a zealot and you get wha=
t you deserve.

>I only stayed on in this newsgroup on an occasional basis [VERY occasional=
]

And Robert .... I am truly appreciative and grateful for that.=20

>because of the very few who do know their stuff. Clearly this newsgroup is=
 >pretty much useless for professional discussions by pros in the business.

Well we can all thank your asshole buddy for that .... can't we ..... and y=
ou too, come to think of it..... since you sided or didn't disagree with wh=
at he did to people and the other groups he trashed. And I'll freely and gl=
adly admit that I added to it. But .... only "added" to what that rotten mi=
serable fuck already was doing to this group and had done to others for yea=
rs. He was a zealot ..... too.  =20
=20

> You're old school and there's nothing wrong with that. But times are not =
the >same as when you and I started in business.

Old school? Well tell my how proficient you are at installing and setting u=
p computer networks and creating extended whole premises Wi-Fi networks.  H=
ow many home theater, surround sound and automated lighting systems did you=
 install last year? Do you ever install any CCTV, commercial or residential=
 remote view? How about Z-wave devices? Have you done any Insteon lighting =
and control systems? How about central station reporting with remote arm an=
d disarm and condition reporting? .... and NOT pay the rip off alarm equipm=
ent manufacturers or Alarm.com or any of the others trying to take away ins=
talling companies RMR. Have you figured out how to integrate IPads and IPho=
nes into all of the above technologies yet?=20

I already know the answer. You're still stuck on picking up old ADT account=
s because you like to keep it simple .... to match your technical capabilit=
y. My jobs range from $3k to $40,000.00 and some take months to complete.=
=20
You're way behind the times as you've been since the day you started. And O=
h ...by the way, I've been around a lot longer than you have, there's no "w=
hen you and I started in business". I don't count working for someone else =
as you do so I've got 45 years and counting in this trade alone,  not count=
ing the previous technical experience when I was a kid, in the Navy and wor=
king for computer equipment manufacturers prior to this trade. ...... and I=
 just keep on keeping up with the newest and latest. You ought to try it. I=
 could open up your mind considerably.  You're obviously in a rut, closed m=
inded and can't see the way out. =20
=20

> I wish you well in selling your >business when the time comes.
>=20
> So I'll sign off for good and I hope you have a nice life (and I mean tha=
t...)

You've said that all before. Yet ...... here you are again with the same ol=
d shit you always have to bring up.=20

You're always welcome to participate but you're always going to receive the=
 same response if you start with the same shit.