Re: Bore Scope sale

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 12:52:51 PM UTC-5, RockyTSquirrel wrote:
> link to a sale for bore scope
>=20
> http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-17460?scode=3DDD15D5&trk_msg=3D0=
D9UCM8CBN6K35KL5FI7B636PS&trk_contact=3DTND51HS86JQIBRHCB6HC2163A4&utm_sour=
ce=3DListrak&utm_medium=3DEmail&utm_term=3D22-17460&utm_campaign=3DDD15D5&u=
tm_content=3DDD15D5
>=20
> Have never used one but the concept is interesting...
> Can see many applications where this might come in handy..
>=20
> --=20
> RTS

Hi Rocky,
I've had one for about 3 years now and have used it 3 times. It "kinda" hel=
ps. Gives you some idea of what's in the hole and what your dealing with. A=
s Les says, orientation of the camera is a problem. It's hard to tell if yo=
ur looking at something on the left or right and takes a few tries to get t=
he picture oriented so you know which way is which. Mine doesn't have a pic=
ture reverse feature which would be helpful in knowing which way to move a =
snake or such. It's like trying to do fine work by looking in a mirror. As =
Les says, you can't "easily" use it and handle a snake at the same time but=
 at least you can get a mental picture of what's in the hole or possibly pr=
op it up so you can use two hands with the snake. But it's cumbersome.=20

Is it a "necessary" tool? Not really. Like you, I've worked to many years w=
ithout one and can snake a wire up a brick wall. I'm from the "really" old =
school. I've never used the push rods.=20

I didn't look closely at the unit in your link but be sure it doesn't have =
a rechargeable battery. Between uses, if the battery is worn down you'll ha=
ve to wait for it to recharge. Replaceable batteries are better.=20

Would I buy another if  mine broke? At this price? Yeah, sure,  because I'm=
 a tool guy and believe it's better to have it and not need it, then need i=
t and not have it.=20

And talking about orientation of objects ...... here's a little tidbit some=
one just told me. I don't know how true it is but they said that only some =
people can put their hand in a box, not seeing what's in the box, feel an i=
nanimate object in the box and be able to draw a picture of it.=20

I thought everybody could do that.