Re: Caddx NX8E

> Ed,
>
> Again thanks for the input.  This whole thread started with Bob asking
> about an 8E issue.  That being said most of this discussion with IPDatatel
> only deals with the V2 NX stuff and will NOT work with the 8E.
>
> Unless of course you just use the generic Tip/Ring hook up.
>
> Now that I know the IPDatatel works with the V2 it will cause me to look
> into it as a alternative to ADC.  Which brings up the next question.
>
> Besides arm/disarm, history, email or text notification what other bells
> and whistles can this equipment or service provide to the end user in the
> way of features??
>
> Looking at the web pages it seems a little hard to find or I am just not
> savvy enough on their site to find.  I know I can request info but, that
> is generally a last resort to me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les

Hi Les,

The notifications are email, text, and call. For alarms, we include the
calls because a customer will answer a phone right away, but may wait to
look at a text. It is a robo-call, a somewhat feminine voice. The customer
also has a web portal with options that you choose to set for each
particular account. He can also access from there a virtual keypad.

There are gateways for light modules and locks, but we do not presently use
any of these features. Additionally, they do have the ability for cameras,
with a very noticeable difference to Alarm.com. As I understand Alarm.com,
the cameras store video on their servers, which you then pull up to your
cellphone. IPdatatel does not. You can actually store the video locally, and
have it "paired" to the app using their gateways. Of course, their unit will
need internet in order to do this. Their cellular radio does not send any
video clips as I am told. We only use the separate app for video that comes
with our dvr's, so at present, we do not see the need for it except perhaps
in the future for a very technically challenged customer.

A call to their customer service/sales can get you some very quick
information on all of this.