Re: Caddx NX8E

On 8/13/2015 9:21 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "ABLE1" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On 8/12/2015 1:21 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>> "ABLE1" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> So an eprom swap to update is out of the question?
>>>

>> I would say that a eeprom swap is possible.  However, the chances of
>> getting one may be slim to none.
>>
>> There was a time a number of years ago that there was a programming
>> whoops on a particular release.  GE was quick to provided replacement
>> chips for the fix.  I remember having to change about 10 or 12 at that
>> time.  I think the old chips are still on my shelf.
>>
>> Tri-Ed has the NX8E-BO-FG  Board Only  for $91.93
>>
>> Would suggest getting the latest version of DL900 if you don't already
>> have it.  Download the existing before swap and then reload when done.
>>
>> I will PM you for some other thoughts on the subject.
>>
>> Later,
>>
>> Les
>

> Hey, is the alarm.com solution cellular only or can it be managed by
> customer network?  I'm sure they will charge regardless.

ADC is set up to do just a few select panels that will interface with
their cellular communicator.

Concord
Simon XT/XTi
NX
Simon
2GIG
Qolsys(I think)

All, as I am aware use a cellular device specific to that panel.

I am sure it can happen differently but I doubt that they do.
And yes, they would charge if they did.

Be advised, that you let me know if your customer wants to do video
through ADC.  I have comments.

Les