Re: Easy Service Call - Impressive Batteries

On 8/9/2015 2:08 AM, Jim Rojas wrote:
> When connecting  battery banks in parallel, the key is to cross connect
> the charging leads. At the first bank I connect only the positive lead,
> and at the last bank I connect the negative lead. If you fail to follow
> this important step, all the batteries in between will all die
> prematurely. This is especially true with just about any battery. A
> cross connection forces the charge to travel throughout all the battery
> banks evenly. The batteries then balance themselves out without the need
> of any additional balancing circuits that are commonly used on 18650
> batteries.

Sorry Jim,  I am really not getting that.  Maybe it is my old brain but
are you not connecting the positive leads from each battery bank
together as well as the negative leads??  And then you end up with 1
positive and 1 negative that will connect to the panel battery leads??

I can't see where one bank would be first or last or in between.

The banks in parallel the voltage will remain the same but the amps
would double with two banks, triple with three banks etc. etc.

Am I missing something??

Les