Re: Digital Watchdog VMAXFLEX - (Why its discontinued)

"Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I knew it was discontinued, but it such a decent unit for the price that I
>was still buying them for new installations.  That might not have been such
>a great idea.  I was told today they were not discontinued to make way for
>the new improved (and usually more expensive) model as companies are wont
>to do, but because they can't get the parts to keep building them.  This
>means when customers units are due for a rebuild in several years they will
>most likely HAVE TO be replaced instead of rebuilt.
>
> --
> Bob La Londe

Other than the motherboard there is nothing in there other than a SATA hard
drive and a generic looking fan.
The hard drive and fan could be replaced, but it wouldn't seem worth
replacing the MB if it failed in several years time even if they were
available.

If you want to stock up with spare parts I have a used 16 channel Vmaxflex
with a 1TB hard drive that could be yours for the princely sum of $100 plus
shipping.

Doug