Just landed a nice job

I got a call from a builder that I've done some homes ( including his) for =
alarms, audio, video etc. He told me that a builder friend of his was build=
ing a home and was looking for someone to do some work and he recommended m=
e.

Well, it turns out that they're building their retirement home and want eve=
rything that they're going to need for the rest of their lives.

I'm doing everything........ alarm glass break and PIR's all doors and wind=
ows,and smoke detection. Landline and Cellular communication to central wit=
h remote arming and text status notification. CCTV Using HD cameras and DVR=
 with remote capability, Monitor for the CCTV to some of the TV's in the ho=
use. Whole house and outdoor audio using Sonos. Most rooms with ceiling spe=
akers and volume controls, Install 7 TV's including mounting, and hookup in=
cluding Sonos soundbars on two TV's. IR extenders to all hidden components.=
 Internet throughout, and to all TV's and wireless extenders to all areas o=
f the house. Telephone only to a couple of rooms.

Not that big a house. Maybe about 5000 square feet but it's up on a bluff, =
overlooking the water. And the main feature is .... it's got an elevator fr=
om the garage (under the house) to the first floor. Which I really don't ge=
t. If it's a retirement home I'd think they'd want the elevator to go to bo=
th the first AND second floor. I guess they think that they're going to die=
 before they reach the point that they can't climb the stairs to go to bed.=
=20

Right now the bill is sitting around $14,000.00. with the labor for the TV =
installations quoted by the hour. With brackets and setup and remote progra=
mming ... that could be another $2/3/4K ... They handed me a $6500.00 start=
er check without blinking an eye.  I have a feeling it's going to be one of=
 those .... Oh ..... by the way .... do you think you could add  ..... ?

Just finished the pre-wire. 5 days by myself. Not to shabby!