Re: Politics Aside- stoopid headline

On Sunday, September 7, 2014 11:58:47 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:

> You know I think I finally figure out how to express my outrage.  I spent my
>
> first 12 years or so as a contractor working overtime so I could afford to
>
> pay the guys for the time the spent not getting jobs done.  I didn't make
>
> much.  The guys working for me took home more than I did.  Finally I gave up
>
> and fired everybody.  For the last decade (almost) I have only taken the
>
> work I could do by myself, and I have made money, bought toys, and
>
> stimulated the economy.  Now I am being told I have to pay for all those
>
> assholes I fired anyway.

It's been about 20 years for me and I've found the same results. I work a lot of hours but they are all productive versus when I had people work for me. Only when absolutely necessary, I hire someone for a day or two to help me pull wires in a bigger job.

The secret is .... control your annual income by the amount of cash you take. Buys a lot of toys! It's amazing how I manage to survive on a very meager income :-)