Re: one zone alarms after away arming but not after stay arming

On Sunday, October 12, 2014 4:38:00 PM UTC-4, reede wrote:
> I have a texecom 816 been working ok for a while.
>=20
> At random times When the system is away armed the alarm triggers on one z=
one
>=20
> (interior pir).
>=20
> But the system does not trigger when stay armed.
>=20
> What should I look for?
>=20
> Thanks=20

I'm not familiar with the Texecom panels but I'll presume that it works lik=
e other panels with regard to "home" and "away" arming.

If the panel is working properly and is programmed properly, when you arm t=
he system in the home mode the motion detector will be bypassed. When you a=
rm it in the away mode the motion detector will not be bypassed. Obviously,=
 when you are home, and the system is armed, if there is anything in the ro=
om that would set the motion detector off, the system would not go into ala=
rm condition.=20

Motion detectors are usually pretty hardy and very seldom fail. The reasons=
 why they trip (for no APPARENT reason)are many. Stray sources of infra red=
 or object that reflect infra red are most common. I don't know where you a=
re located but if the weather is starting to get cold and your heating syst=
em is kicking on, you may have a heat source in view of the motion detector=
 that wasn't there when the system was installed. Also, as the seasons chan=
ge, the sun can enter a room at a different angle and shine on or be reflec=
ted off of something in the room that the motion detector now detects. Do t=
he false alarms happen at a certain time of the day? Sunrise? Sunset? If at=
 night, are there any ways that light from outside the house could shine in=
 through blinds (car headlights)? Have you got a fax machine in the room? A=
 mirror? Crystal objects? Changed d=E9cor? Mice? Cats? (Cats are evil and w=
ill even set off pet immune motion detectors) Take a look around the room f=
or anything that has changed or could be a source or reflect a source of li=
ght. Keep in mind that even though plants are green, they can reflect infra=
 red. If the plant is moving due to forced air heating system, the motion d=
etector will see it as a source of moving infra red.=20

Check it out........... =20