Re: napco magnum alert: keyboard bip every day in the same time

On Sunday, November 9, 2014 11:38:00 AM UTC-5, Zohar wrote:
> HI,
>=20
> I have Napco alaram with keyboard " Magnum Alert".
> everyday at 11:00 am the keyboard bip and flushing lights( aremd, baypass=
 and
> status) and the display show "2" and "3" .
> (i press the RESET key to stop it every day)
> Any suggestions to resolve this indication?
>=20
> Thanks
> Zohar=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
Sounds as if the system might be programmed for daily check in to central s=
tation and it's not getting through. Here's the key. when the three lights =
are flashing and a #1 shows on the keypad it indicates an AC power loss. Fl=
ashing lites and a #2 indicates a low battery and a #3 indicates a communic=
ation failure. ie.1 =3D A=3D AC fail/// 2 =3D B =3D Battery low /// 3 =3D C=
 =3D Communication fail.=20
HOWEVER .... pressing the reset key should only remove the flashing lites a=
nd numbers temporarily. It should re-appear after a few minutes. Check your=
 phone line going to the alarm panel and to check the battery, close all op=
en zones. When you have a system ready condition, press and hold key #1. Th=
e siren should blow for a few seconds and then stop. If the battery is bad =
the three lights should begin flashing along with a number 2 in the display=
. Change the battery. If it's followed by showing a  #3, it means that the =
system isn't getting through to central station. Reset the system. Arm it a=
nd fault a zone. Trip the system, so that the siren sounds. Wait a bit to s=
ee if central calls. If not check your phone lines.=20

If you're not connected to central station , apparently your alarm system i=
s programmed to report to central. If you have access to dealer programming=
, remove the central station reporting information. If you don't have acces=
s to programming, you'll have to see if an alarm technician can gain access=
 to programing to deprogram central station reporting. Otherwise you'll hav=
e to live with the problem.