Re: Why ADT Monitoring is better.

On 10/29/2014 07:13 PM, info@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sunday, 20 May 2001 05:52:01 UTC-4, Jackson  wrote:
>> Can someone explain how the ADT redunduncy thinggie works in technical terms
>> ? Like, how it is switch over to another station in another area ?
>>
>> The way I look at it, if the local area is hit with a quake, the local
>> telephone network will be so tied up that monitoring or not makes no
>> difference anyway. Just like the one that hit Washington state a month or
>> two ago,  our local phone service up in the west coast of Canada went out of
>> service for a couple of hours for most area. Even if it works, you think any
>> body is going to response to a house alarm ????? There are more important
>> things to do.
>>

>> "Public <Anonymous_Account>" <remailer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> ADT provides the best monitoring service in the industry.
>>> As a informed customer you should look for two things when
>>> selection a monitoring service to protect your home or
>>> business.
>>>
>>> 1. The monitoring center should be UL listed.  This means that
>>> the central station has been inspected by UL and found to meet
>>> their standards.  Many insurance companies require their high-
>>> security customers such as banks and jewelry stores have both
>>> UL inspected systems and monitoring service.  It follows that
>>> a central station held to these high standards would better
>>> serve the needs of any security system owner.  It's too bad that
>>> many small, local companies farm out their monitoring services
>>> to unknown third party centers or attempt to monitor the systems
>>> themselves often using a room in someone's home as a central station.
>>>
>>> 2. The second thing to look for when selecting a monitoring company
>>> is redundancy.  Ask a representative from your local alarm dealer
>>> what would happen if his central station was hit by a tornado, hurricane,
>>> earthquake or other disaster.  How long would your home or business
>>> be subject to looting with no alarm protection?  Chances are you would
>>> have been evacuated and would be unable to verify whether or not
>>> anyone was monitoring your system.  ADT has the only fully redundant
>>> monitoring system on the planet.  Only ADT customers would be protected
>>> in a disaster since, if one central station was destroyed, another could
>>> simply start monitoring the accounts.  In fact ADT has five central
>>> stations located in the United States alone.  Each one is capable of
>>> monitoring all of the accounts in the ADT network.
>>>

>>> ---
>>> This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
>>> It was posted with the use of anonymizing software at
>>> http://anon.xg.nu
>>> ---
>>>

> The owners and neighbors can be notified, not just the cops.  Yes, it is technically possible, IMO.  Took me a minute of pondering to figure this one out.  That's why ADT is the best!  They are smarter ... way smarter.

Point well taken re: UL Listed Central Station
(by the way, you sound like an alarm company shill, err employee; most
people erroneously use the term UL Approved.)

Point 2: As a UL Listed Central Station, the company is required to have
a disaster plan, to review it twice a year, as things might change, and
to implement it once per year.  By the way, most of the contract
monitoring companies that local alarm companies (read good, personal
service) use are UL Listed.

We are a local UL Listed Central Station alarm company (read good,
personal service) like you are referring to.  We have been Listed since
1978.  We don't just call the cops and the responsible parties, and
we're done.  That's what the big boys do, cuz the next alarm just went
off in Detroit.  We call the PD back for a status, THEN wake people up
and let them know what actually happened, if necessary.  Read the
complaints about ADT.  There are many.  Most are employees avoiding
taking the responsibility to service the customer.  It's so easy in a
large company to say 'That's not my job" and pass the buck.

That's the big difference between a big company and a local alarm company.

By the way, "Monitoring" is just part of "Alarm Service".

John R. Sowden
American Sentry Systems, Inc.
Serving the San Francisco Bay Area Since 1967