Re: Low Battery FBII-2P

"RTS" <gafa_usa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:OMKdnY2dnpzrLPbOnZ2dnUVZ_o6dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Greetings,
> Got a strange one here..
>
> 8 year old FBII -2P   1 LCD key, I street smart remote keyswitch,  4 combo
> pir/micro motion detectors, 4 glass breakage detectors, 1 7 amphr battery,
> 2 sirens
>
> Here's the thing about 10 days ago  it started displaying  "Low Battery"
> ..
>
> Ok,  the Battery was changed..   6 hours later it displayed "Low Battery"
> Again..
>
> Another Battery was installed  just in case the first one was faulty..
> again  5-6 hours later  "Low Battery"..
>
> voltages  were   DC output  11.50 to  12.00  (ideally  should be 12.50 to
> 13.50)
> current off battery    45 ma.. with AC      150 ma  without  AC  ( about
> right with the load  listed)
> current off panel    150 ma   with or without AC..  ( again about right
> with the load listed)
>
> Removed all motions, sound, remote keyswitch and sirens..   (only thing on
> panel was keypad)
> 15 minutes  again  it displayed  "Low Battery"
>
> Being frustrated   we removed panel  and replaced it with a boxed brand
> new FBII 2T.   (only thing on panel was keypad)
> Low and behold  15 minutes later  it too  started beeping "Low Battery"...
>

> No one seems to have an explanation  as to what's going on here..
>
> I put it out here  wondering if anyone might have some other ideas  or
> suggestions to try and remove  this   Gremlin .....
>
> ((Yes the one common  point between  both   panels  is the Keypad))
>
> Problem  is I can't figure how the keypad could cause a low battery
> indication to the panels sensing circuit..
>

> Thanks
> RTS

Failed
Battery
Indicator
Incorporated

Seems obvious to me...........................

:-)

You don't list the charging voltage at the battery.
As I am sure you know most panels are at 13.8vdc.
Also, the AC voltage would be good to know under load and more than 16.5vac.

If changing the panel did not fix it then maybe you have a bad AC
transformer or a bad outlet.
Would be good to know those voltages as well.

Les