Re: Ademco Wireless Keypads

On Thursday, June 5, 2014 12:04:39 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I have a customer who requires either MAJOR work to do an install or=20
>=20
> wireless keypads.  I noticed Ademco has a full feature LCD wireless keypa=
d=20
>=20
> that runs on standard cells.  What kind of battery life do these get with=
=20
>=20
> daily use?

I can't imagine that it would have much of a battery life.=20

If it shuts down when not in use, how does the system know it's still there=
? I can only think that it wakes up occasionally to send a supervisory sign=
al (using the battery)......  or worse .... the panel doesn't know if it's =
there or not ... it just responds when the keypad is used. =20
I doubt if you'd get all the info on it if you called them. They'd likely t=
ell you every thing it COULD do but now what it couldn't do. That would be =
up to you to find our and get annoyed about.=20

"Why didn't you TELL me that it takes thirty seconds to respond to a key pr=
ess?"