Re: The Panel Unlocker (Product)

On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:02:00 PM UTC-5, Bigguy wrote:
> I don't know if there's anyone here that can help me, but I thought it wa=
s worth giving it a try. Has anybody had any experience with a product call=
ed "the panel unlocker"? I just purchased it with three charges and it didn=
't seem to do what I needed to do which was basically unlock the panel.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> First a little background, I have a Honeywell Vista-15P panel that I inst=
alled for a customer that is now locked out and I cannot get into. Without =
getting into all of the details, I have a suspicion that somebody is callin=
g up my panels using Compass software and locking them out. It's not that I=
 am paranoid, but after five panels now I'm starting to see a trend. I have=
 a suspicion of who was doing it and I want to be able to check the program=
ming that was downloaded into the panel to see if there's something that ma=
y identify the culprit. I have tried the conventional ways of getting into =
this Honeywell system, power cycling and then using the * and # buttons, bu=
t that didn't work. I tried the last known installer code, but just got a l=
ong beep, which usually indicates you are using the right code but the pane=
l is blocking keypad programming.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I finally got onto this product called the panel unlocker. Needless to sa=
y it isn't cheap, but if it would just unlock the panel I would be satisfie=
d. When you purchase this product, it comes with three charges for about C$=
150. I followed the instructions, and as they indicated, the unit showed th=
e panel was locked when I placed the probes over the programming pads on th=
e motherboard. Following the instructions I push the start button and the l=
ight went from red to green indicating that the panel was unlocked. At that=
 point the panel goes back into its start sequence showing a D1 on the keyp=
ad at which time you're supposed to hold down the * and # keys to get into =
the programming, it did not work. The instructions also said that the insta=
ller programming would be defaulted at 9999, but again after using this cod=
e the panel emitted a long beep indicating right code, but blocked from key=
pad programming. I hope the panel to a phone line and dialed it up, but was=
 then kicked out with compass software indicating an incorrect CSID number.=
=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> At this point I was nearly ready to give up, but thought if it means wast=
ing another charge all tried again. However the problem is when I hook up t=
he probes to the programming pads on the motherboard the unit is showing th=
is panel as being "unlocked", but it's not.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I have sent an e-mail today to the company who makes the product, but as =
of yet I have not heard any response. I just thought I would ask others ins=
tallers in this forum whether they may have had a similar experience, can t=
ell me what I did wrong or even if there's another way to unlock this Honey=
well panel.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Any response would be appreciated.

The unit will not work if local programming is turned off by using software=
 which sounds like what happened . only way to get back in is thru software=
 do not know if jim rojas could help or not www.tech-man.com