Re: I Want Out

On Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:54:07 AM UTC-5, doug wrote:
> >"Jim" wrote in message=20
>=20
> >>=20
> >
>=20
> >............and now I'm looking into residential remote access WITHOUT=
=20
>=20
> >having to pay a monthly fee to the manufacturer of the >equipment that I=
've=20
>=20
> >supported for the past 45 years........................
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> What are you using for residential remote access?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Doug

Right now I'm getting ready to experiment with Mi Casa Verde.=20

It takes me awhile to do these things since I don't have much spare time to=
 do it. But if I can possibly help it, I'll be dammed if I'll pay ransom to=
 the Efen manufacturers holding their us hostage just to get in on the RMR =
wagon.=20

If the DVR mfg's can offer free DDNS servers there's no damn reason in the =
world why the panel mfg's can't offer it also. They've lost sight of the fa=
ct that there's a "free" app for just about everything and they expect that=
 alarm installers are going to be successful without an advantage in one on=
 one competition in this automation market with the Nationals, cable and te=
lephone companies. The advantage of us offering the same services at the bi=
g companies do ...."at no charge" would put the alarm trade in the forefron=
t ..... producing more sales for the mfgs. The nationals can't offer anythi=
ng "really" free. For us, when competing in the "Free" alarm market, after =
the initial sale of equipment to our customers, there being no additional o=
r higher monthly charge is the key to our success.=20

These manufacturers are blind to the fact that we smaller companies can't c=
ompete with the nationals and others by offering them the same products and=
 services at the same price. We need an advantage to compete with their dee=
p pockets while we're taking advantage of their TV marketing.