Re: I Want Out

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:51:58 PM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
> Hey John, Jim as some really good points in there. :-)
>=20
> Too bad he didn't read your original posting.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Good luck!!
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

I read it.=20

I do this because I really like it. I do alarms, home theater, whole house =
audio, computer network, CCTV, home automation and now I'm looking into res=
idential remote access WITHOUT having to pay a monthly fee to the manufactu=
rer of the equipment that I've supported for the past 45 years.=20

All these years I've kept abreast of the technology as it's evolved and tha=
t's what's kept me interested. I can't think of anything other that I'd lik=
e to do. So when someone says they want out I'm thinking that if they could=
 get more business that would bring them more rewards and incentive to cont=
inue. I know that I'm one of the lucky people who's hobby is what I can mak=
e a living with. But ..... It's so important to keep up with the technology=
 to keep your interest up and you have to sell ... sell ..... sell ... all =
the time.=20

When you go to the dentist or doctors office, give the receptionist a busin=
ess card. Anyplace that you're meeting new people in your area, give em a c=
ard. If you meet them again, give em another card. Eventually it may get yo=
u a new customer.  If you give out 500 cards and get one or two jobs .... t=
hat's two more than you had before with no more effort than giving someone =
a business card. Every job is another possibility for another referral. Eve=
ry job is thousands of dollars in recurring income.  Can anyone think of a =
better way to make a living then with recurring revenue? It's the golden eg=
g!!!! I've got people who've paid me thousands of dollars for doing nothing=
 but monitor their alarm systems through the years and that's not counting =
the service calls and add ons. It's a captive customer base. And the multip=
les when selling are great! What more could one want?

Why do you think all the alarm equipment manufacturers are opting to make e=
quipment that that you have to pay them a monthly fee to have access to the=
ir servers?   RECURRING REVENUE! How about the cable companies? All the nat=
ionals. How about Alarm.com, Control 4 etc etc.  EVERYBODY want's on the re=
curring revenue wagon. And WE're the trade that has it! =20

Get out of it?  =20

Not on your life.