Re: Gemini P3200 - Increase Battery Capacity

"Medtech1" <michy.miu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am hoping someone could answer a simple question. I can't find anything
> specific to this on the net.
>
> I would like to increase the battery in a P3200 alarm panel from 12v 5AH
> to 9AH since we get power failures in the area that last a long time. (It
> fits ok)
>
> I am hoping the charging system would charge it just the same as it would
> the existing (it just may take longer to charge if its drained).
>
> Is it ok to increase the AH size from 5AH to 9AH?
>
> Thank you in Advance.

Perfectly fine.  The 5AH are really over rated 12/4s  and the 9AHs are
really over rated 12/7s.  If you want the best battery life go with Yuasa
12/7s.  Heck the 3200 has room in the cabinet for two of them in parallel if
you don't make a mess of the wiring.  If they go very low it will just take
a lot longer to charge them back up as you asked.  You can also take them
out and trickle charge them with a automatic car charger at up to 2 amps (4
hours apx with a 12/7).  It will take 14-20 hours to recharge a very
discharged 12/7, and one that is totally flat may not come back.

---