Added contact to garage zone now contacts beep individually but won't activate ?

I installed a new garage at my house with 2windows and 2 doors. Ran a 2 wire
back to the panel. I series the loop in with my existing garage loop. Opened
each window and each door individualy and the key pad beeped each time. But
when I set the alarm either garage would not set off the alarm?
Do I need to reprogram that zone?why doesn't it activate the alarm? I took the
new loop off and put it back to the way it was and it still doesn't activate
the alarm.