Re: xmitting SIA codes

On Friday, August 29, 2014 9:01:32 PM UTC-4, JoeRaisin wrote:
> On 8/29/2014 3:49 PM, Jim wrote:
>=20
> >
>=20
> > As far as Napco's demise .... yeah, I think you're about right. They're=
 way down on the
>=20
> > popularity list but who knows how long they will hold out. Hopefully lo=
nger than me. In
>=20
> > my opinion they're still building quality equipment but competing with =
cheaper, lower quality
>=20
> > equipment. Yeah the new remote features they offer are tantalizing but =
.. cheap is cheap.
>=20
> > I never saw a DSC panel that I didn't think could be crinkled up into a=
 ball with your hands
>=20
> > and tossed in a garbage pail.
>=20
> >
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Just did a DSC job.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> PC 4020
>=20
> 2- 8zone expanders
>=20
> TL-250 IP communicator
>=20
> Alpha KP
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The keypad and TL-250 were bad out of box...
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Friggin TL-250 worked just well enough that it seemed like a programming=
=20
>=20
> error...

Yeah ...... well ...... I can't remember the last time I had an out of the =
box Napco product. Don't get me wrong .... stuff goes bad but it's always a=
fter many years or due to some outside cause. I've got some old 800 panels =
still out there working. But, I'm sure everybody's got the same kind of sto=
ry about their favorite product.