Re: CCTV with Cat5 and what I've learned.

<michaelcctv1967@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Friday, January 18, 2013 6:21:16 PM UTC+13, Jim wrote:

I've been doing this a long time & if you do a little ground work you can
make life easy & profitable. I can complete a 16 camera instal (average size
premises) in one day. A few labor saving methods can make the instal a
breeze, keep it all uniform, tidy & professional. By using pre-made 20 meter
siamese cable 75-3 at US$4 + freight or 40 meter at US$6 from a decent
manufacturer your winning. These cables are BC foil shielded & braided. The
picture is no different than RG59. I don't think digital HD is going to
prevail in the industry so you are best using 75-3 (minimum) as this cable
can be used for the new HD-CVI systems available from Dahua both 720P &
1080P (brilliant leap) These systems & cameras are cheap, HD, far more
functional than previous systems. At cost of 4ch with varifocal 2.8-12 m
cams for under $200 total & 1Mp (720P) you'd be stupid to instal anything
else. Please don't waste your time with cat5, it's not professional, it
looks hacked, ridiculous for servicing or troubleshooting & it's far too
labor intensive. a decent cctv cable 20m should weigh 600grams & 40m at
least 1kg. All of your smart work is done in sourcing the cables, dvr's &
cameras.

I'm surprised you can fit all that "professional" equipment in your trunk

Doug