Re: Concord Express Hard EPROM Clear - Does it reset Dealer code?

sapote.dang@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> There is an easy way to find the Dealer Code and Installer code: carefully remove the 8-pin EEPROM from the board, and I can help to read out the codes from the eeprom. Done and easy and cheap, simple way.
>
> Brian

I spent many years unlocking and reading chips. The best way to locate
the data you seek is to start with a fresh board and change the
installer & dealer code. You may then read the chip and take notes on
the location.

It is not as easy as all that. Installer & dealer codes will vary from
panel type and version, even from the same manufacturer like GE.

It starts getting interesting when you try it on panels with SMD chips,
or SRAM (Radionics).

You really do not need to remove the chips to read them. It is more cost
effective to buy a good set of programmers that can read the chips in
circuit.

Good Luck

--
Jim Rojas