Re: On Topic: PIR LED off or on afer installer walk test?

"G. Morgan" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
There are pro and cons to leaving the LED *on* a PIR after you walk test
it and leave the installation.

Honeywell wireless PIRs specifically state to turn off the LED after the
walk test to conserve battery life.

The LEDs do get annoying for the occupant, especially at night when you
just want darkness and watch TV.  A PIR in the master bedroom with a
bright light is downright annoying.

The LEDs reassure the customer the damn thing is still working.  Less
service calls?

The LED can "tip off" a potential burglar (think inside job at a retail
establishment) to blind spots.  He has time to study the protected area
and it's no coverage area with the LED on.

So......

The big question:

Do you leave the LED on or off in an ideal installation?  The Cx will
know you turned it off - so leave instructions to walk test it with the
keypad for them.

Personally, 99.5% of my hardwired PIRs were left with the LED on.  I'm
thinking it may be better to turn them off for the annoyance factor and
someone able to "case" the joint.

What say you all?

LED on or off?

G. Morgan" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Fuck off, you lazy nigger.

Does that mean you will not do work for Black folk?

Why do you need a night job?