Re: On Topic: PIR LED off or on afer installer walk test?

On 9/24/2013 8:21 AM, NickMark wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:44:38 AM UTC-4, G. Morgan wrote:
>> Do you leave the LED on or off in an ideal installation?  The Cx will
>> know you turned it off - so leave instructions to walk test it with the
>> keypad for them.
>> Personally, 99.5% of my hardwired PIRs were left with the LED on.  I'm
>> thinking it may be better to turn them off for the annoyance factor and
>> someone able to "case" the joint.
>> What say you all?
>> LED on or off?
>>
>> They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
>>
>>   deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
>
> Depends on the installation but most customers want on.

In my experience, those little blinking lights become an old comforting
friend to the home owner.  Interestingly, I don't notice the motions in
my house, unless the lights go out.  Guess I'm used to seeing them in
the corner of my eye.

As installers, we know there are going to be dead spots.  IMHO, part of
placing them professionally is to try and make it so there's either no
way to and from the dead spots or that the dead spots won't do an
intruder much good.