Re: Where can I purchase an in-door magnetic detector.

On Monday, September 16, 2013 8:37:54 AM UTC-7, Ray wrote:
> The side door to the garage was recently replaced and despite my asking the
> door installer to allow me to remove and reinstall the in-door magnetic units,
> he insisted he was familiar with these units. You guessed it, he broke the
> wired side and has yet to replace it. I have bypassed the unit by shunting.
> (shorting out)  that entry point. What I need to know is where I can purchase
> these parts.

Ray,

I assume you're looking for this sort of thing...

http://www.grisk.com/recessed/20rs.html

...If so, any local alarm company should have them in stock.  Depending on how much wire you have to work with, it may be better to go with the contact with wire leads, the contact with terminals, or it may not matter at all.

Also, if there was a resistor wired in, be sure to get one of those as well.  And do you have the magnet that was in the old door, or did that get thrown out with the door?

Perhaps take a picture or whatever pieces you have with you so you can be sure to get the right part.  I would estimate the total cost to be around $5.

- Chris