Re: Residential video surveillance questions

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:48:03 AM UTC-4, ravi...@xxxxxxxxx wrote=
:
> Hosted Video surveillance or Video surveillance as a Service is another e=
conomical option. Here you don't need to invest in expensive NVRs or DVRs. =
Instead, all the videos will be stored in secure servers for upto 30 days. =
The biggest advantages of these systems are that they give you near real ti=
me alerts to your mobile as SMS or as push messages and can provide direct =
access to your recorded videos, which I guess is not available in standalon=
e systems. In a way hosted systems are more into proactive surveillance. A =
good example of a similar service is www.vigileyes.net. Most of these syste=
ms won't even exhaust your bandwidth as new cameras have h264 streaming, wh=
ich will even work in low bandwidth connections. These cameras also provide=
 motion detection, audio detection, tampering detection, PIR detection etc =
etc.

I'm sorry but in the long months that have passed since the original questi=
on was asked, the original poster has died and gone to heaven.