Re: Idea for new type of detector...

On Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:02:28 PM UTC-4, da...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrot=
e:
> I'm reading an article at the NBC News website in another tab right now t=
hat talks about how companies are increasingly and passively monitoring cel=
l phone signals emitted as people walk about ( http://www.nbcnews.com/techn=
ology/your-phone-blabbing-your-location-anyone-who-will-listen-8C10989061 i=
f anyone is interested ). It got me thinking that it might be neat to const=
ruct a new type of alarm system detector that triggered whenever a cell pho=
ne signal of certain amplitude was picked up in a designated quiet zone. So=
 for example, such a detector would arm along with the rest of the system a=
nd if someone with an active -- basically meaning "turned on" -- cell phone=
 walked into a room, the alarm would go off or add to its actual intrusion =
verification sequence. Has anyone heard of something like this or have any =
thoughts on how it might work? - Dave david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.da=
vethewebguy.com

There would be no way to contain it within a given area,  long narrow room.=
... a group of rooms that did not conform to a standard geometrical shape. =
would more than one cellphone creater a stronger signal? how could you alwa=
ys get to mount it in the center of an area? And , of course , what if the =
cell phone wasn't turned on? I don't see much of a practical use for it con=
sidering the likely cost of such a product.