Re: NNTP-Posting-Host: /VLTgQecToclVEbRoqhrKQ.user.speranza.aioe.org

"Carney" <carney@@xxxxxhouse.vog> wrote in message

"G. Morgan" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
emily wrote:

>OK, this is the real emily, the first emily, the sock, the troll,
>whatever you want to call me. Doesn't matter!
>
>I was reading the ADAMANT thread over in 2600 and I made a couple
>posts. I come over here to a.p.s.e. (or is it a.p.s-e?) and I see a
>bunch of posts by 'emily'. I ask myself, "WTF?". I know I didn't post
>them. I wasn't even home at the time or within 5 miles of internet
>access. That's the truth. And I do not own a cell phone, nor how to use
>one, nor do I really want to know.
>
>I open the first post by 'emily' replying to Aardvark, "Why are you
>such a shithead?  Inquiring minds want to know?"   Then I looked
>farther down my newsreader, MesNews, and saw many more posts and the
>times they were posted by 'emily'. I did NOT post those. I haven't even
>read them yet. I will after I post this. I don't know why...I imagine
>they are going to be exactly like the one that I mentioned in this
>paragraph.  I must have pissed off somebody in a previous life for them
>to forge my posting name and details in this one! lol
>
>OK, how can I post here and *everybody* here knows it's the real me and
>not the *SHITHEAD* sock 'emily'?   Change newsreaders? Change posting
>host?
>Many of you would say, "Just quit posting!" 8-o
>

>So, what say you.

I suggest you change NNTP servers.  I'm going to killfile *all* messages
originating from AIOE.org in the next day or so.  I've been discussing
the abuse that comes from that server with the upstream provider
(http://www.leaseweb.com/en) and they want specific documentation of the
abusive messages.  It's irresponsible of the oper. to let people post
without authentication AND obfuscate their posting host IP.

I do have a list of MID's to send them, but I pick my battles and I don't
want to extend the effort to go it alone.  If anyone else is interested
in getting AIOE to comply with anti-spamming and anti-forging Usenet
standards maybe a group of complaints would work.  Complaining directly
to the jerk that runs that server is an exercise in futility. The
upstream provider *does* answer abuse complaints but it's going to take
multiple complaints (especially from those that were forged) to get any
action taken against the rogue NNTP oper.

So, I'm just going to kill all posts coming from that provider for now.
If (or when) some other netizens want to join in a campaign to take down
AIOE, or get the Usenet community to give them a UDP* then I'll help in
the effort.

Yet you steal from TOR.

--

They